Love movies? Want to work with both highly creative and technical people in a creative, dynamic and fast paced environment? Animal Logic is looking for a Systems Engineer to join the IT infrastructure team.
As a Systems Engineer you will be involved in all areas of the IT Infrastructure operational activities (Linux/Windows server environments, security, virtualization, network, storage etc), and take actions to ensure maximum performance, availability and reliability of the supported platform/technology.
The successful candidate for this role will be able to use their initiative, previous experience and troubleshooting skills to proactively problem solve and to assist other engineers in the support, maintenance, design and implementation in all areas of Animal Logic’s core infrastructure.
What you’ll get to do:
- Implement a wide variety of projects and supporting software and hardware platforms including but not limited to:
- RedHat/CentOS Linux and Microsoft Windows for desktop and server
- VMWare vSphere and Horizon
- AWS and Azure environments
- Dell, Brocade and Cloud Networking
- Work both autonomously and collaboratively as an active team member for successful IT Projects delivery and Infrastructure management
- Share knowledge and provide best practices
- Encourage collaboration and communicate well with peers
- Work with various stakeholders and clients to come up with efficient and effective suggestions/solutions
What you bring:
- Demonstrated experience with Linux and Windows servers, Active Directory, Virtualization and infrastructure automation
- Ability to design, code, test and enhance scripts for automation and management of architecture services (e.g. Python, Shell, Powershell, Ansible, Terraform)
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good interpersonal, communication and learning skills
The following would be considered a bonus:
- Experience managing Linux Desktop environments
- Working experience with Linux and Windows Configuration Management
- Experience with Metrics, Monitoring and Alerting
- Working knowledge with Cloud, Network, NAS Storage, Security
- Ability to provide direction to others in analysing and solving system and process issues and problems
- Bachelor’s degree in information science or a related field
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award winning studio
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- A dedicated Learning and Development team focused on your personal career growth
- Flexible work arrangements, with work from home options
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A variety of employee benefits including employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you. Submit your application to the link below!