Please note this is a hybrid position and requires you to work from our studio for part of the work week. This is not a remote opportunity.
Have you ever thought about a career in the film industry? Do you love animation? Would you like to work with both highly technical and creative people in a dynamic environment? Animal Logic is looking for a Lead Systems Engineer to join the IT infrastructure team.
As the Lead Systems Engineer you will pilot the team across all areas of the IT Infrastructure operational activities (Windows/Linux server environments, security, virtualization, network, storage etc), and take actions to ensure maximum performance, availability and reliability of the supported platform/technology.
The successful candidate for this role will be able to successfully lead and inspire the Systems Engineering team, communicating effectively with them, and the company as a whole, to determine and realise objectives. Ultimately you will direct the team in the support, maintenance, design and implementation in all areas of Animal Logic’s core infrastructure.
What you’ll get to do:
- Oversee the global operation and throughput of escalated support issues
- Analyse requirements and advise on scope and options for continuous operational improvement
- Define requirements and goals for handover to the Project function
- Collaborate with the Systems Engineering Projects Lead to successfully deliver the Release Management process
- Approve Technical solutions within the operational and business-as-usual activities to accelerate and enable the Operations function
- Train and mentor Systems Engineers
- Support compliance with the records, information and knowledge management requirements of the organisation
- Implement a wide variety of projects and supporting software and hardware platforms including but not limited to:
- RedHat/CentOS Linux and Microsoft Windows for desktop and server
- VMWare vSphere and Horizon
- AWS and Azure environments
- Dell, Brocade and Cloud Networking
What you bring:
- 10+ years’ experience managing IT infrastructure and processes
- 3+ years’/ previous experience in a leadership/supervisory role
- The ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- The ability to inspire, mentor and motivate a team, working collaboratively within a team environment
- An awareness of financial and technical risk and exposure, and the ability to provide solutions to address these
- The ability to effectively work and communicate with all personality types
- Demonstrated experience with Linux and Windows servers, Active Directory, Virtualisation and infrastructure automation
- Ability to design, code, test and enhance scripts for automation and management of architecture services (e.g. Python, Shell, Powershell, Ansible, Terraform)
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The following would be considered a bonus:
- Experience managing Linux Desktop environments
- Working experience with Linux and Windows Configuration Management
- Experience with Metrics, Monitoring and Alerting
- Working knowledge with Cloud, Network, NAS Storage, Security
- Ability to provide direction to others in analysing and solving system and process issues and problems
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, in information technology or a related field
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, award-winning studio!
- Conveniently located in vibrant Yaletown, near the heart of downtown Vancouver
- An inclusive workplace of employees who are passionate about creativity and technology
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- A dedicated Learning and Development team focused on your personal career growth
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including free gym access, breakfast, use of barista coffee machines, weekly lunches/pastries and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!