Want to work in a movie making team? Would you like to work with both highly creative and technical people in a creative, dynamic and fast paced environment? Animal Logic is looking for a generalist Systems Engineer with experience in Windows and O365 infrastructure for a maternity leave contract.
In this role you are primarily responsible for the architecture, maintenance and optimisation of our Windows Infrastructure and O365 infrastructure, including multi-site Active Directory, SOE deployment; End Point Protection and Encryption, MDM, VoIP and other SaaS and private cloud services.
As part of the Systems Engineering team you will also have an active contribution to the architecture, implementation, and management of the infrastructure services in a predominantly Linux but cross-platform server and workstations environment.
It is important to note that having solid experience in other fields of systems engineering and the ability to assist in these areas is essential, as this is a compact and agile team.
What you bring:
- Demonstrated experience in at least three major technical areas and sound understanding of others (e.g. Windows and Linux server infrastructure, Virtualization, Network services and protocols, Cloud connectivity and security, Active Directory, NAS storage, file systems, file/folder permissions, DFS).
- Significant experience with Windows operating systems scripting and troubleshooting as well as experience with user and security administration in the Windows environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory / GPO / DNS / DHCP / DFS / Authentication / Identity Management / Azure AD.
- Demonstrated experience in O365 Administration and governance in a multi-tenant environment, including Policy design and administration.
- Ability to design, code, test and enhance scripts for automation and management of architecture services (e.g. Python, Shell, Powershell).
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, sound work methodology.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
The following will be beneficial:
- Experience with High Performance Computing environments.
- Proven experience in the strategy, design, development, and implementation of large-scale projects in AWS and Azure cloud for Compute, Network and Storage.
- Strong interest and knowledge of information security standards, technologies and practices.
- Working experience with Next Generation firewalls, Web Isolation engines, Leaf/Spine network architecture.
- Experience with network services, routing and protocols: OSPF, BGP, DHCP, NTP, DNS, CIFS, NFS, SNMP, IKE/IPSec, RADIUS including use of and interaction with Active Directory.
- Ability to provide direction to others in analyzing and solving system and workflow issues and problems.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of significant scope.
- Knowledge of information life-cycle management concepts and best practices.
- Bachelor degree in Information Science or a related field.
Other responsibilities include:
- Implementing and supporting a wide variety of software and hardware including but not limited to:
- RedHat/CentOS Linux and Microsoft Windows for desktop and server
- Virtualization / VMWare vSphere and Horizon
- Dell, Brocade and Cloud Networking
- Network Security
- Network Monitoring and Centralized Logging
- VoIP telephony, Avaya PBX, O365 Business Voice
- Working as an active team member for joint success of a project, taking responsibility, and providing timely updates, documentation for assigned action items and deliverables.
- Providing input for the preparation of the department’s operational budgets for the fiscal year.
- Sharing knowledge and providing best practices.
- Providing technical/cross training to team members and other IT teams or departments as needed through informal and formal training sessions.
- Encouraging collaboration and communicating well with peers.
- Working with various stakeholders and clients to come up with efficient and effective suggestions/solutions.
Please apply if you are eligible to work permanently in Australia.