Location: Vancouver, BC
Are you an up-and-coming Houdini technical artist, someone that is proactive, has a good eye for detail and a passion for problem solving? We are looking for a keen junior technical assistant to help our Character FX team on our latest Animated feature. This could be your step into a career in FX, CFX and/or Crowd.
What you will get to do:
- Work closely with our Character FX supervision team and pipeline TDs to identify and debug common issues facing production
- Troubleshoot common problems with animation deliveries, suggest workarounds and fixes
- Test and validate new releases of Houdini character FX rigs
- Assist Character FX artists with day-to-day issues and glitches and escalate those issues through the right channels when they aren’t immediately addressable
- Assist with the technical workflow for the Character FX department
- Communicate and promote repeatable, pipeline-based workflows that ensure data security and efficiency throughout the whole production
- Create and update documentation that supports Character FX processes
- Establish close partnership with Animation and FX staff and other TD groups
What you bring:
- 6 months experience on an animated/VFX feature, working as a TA, is desirable
- Experience supporting others on a team in a technical manner
- Experience with Houdini
- Experience with cloth, fur and feather tools is preferable
- Experience using Linux in a production environment is preferable
- Programming experience in Python or C++ is a bonus
- Excellence in pro-active problem-solving skills
- An adaptable approach with the ability to balance your workload and the needs of artists, and production deadlines
- The ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in both a technical and artistic manner
- Willing to learn and contribute to the success of the team and project
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio.
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to working within a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- Flexible work arrangements, with a one day per week work from home option
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!