Are you an excellent, proactive problem solver who is able to work through and assist with any technical issues that may arise within the Performance (Animation and Layout) team? Then you could be our TA!
The Technical Assistant will troubleshoot, help artists with specific issues, and report or track those issues with the Performance TDs.
What you’ll get to do:
- On the floor support for the Animation and Layout Departments – trouble shooting day to day issues raised by artists
- Responsible for troubleshooting and user support within Performance software and proprietary tools
- Test and validate new releases of pipeline and workflow tools within the Production (Maya) and Farm environments
- Provide feedback to ensure tools and procedures support the creative process
- Provide solutions to visual problems through existing tools
- Understand the processes of adjoining departments (eg. Assets, FX, Assembly) and provide input where required to maximise efficiency and quality
- Debug render issues for Animation and Layout reviews
- Assist with the QC process of shots moving in and out of the Animation and Layout departments
- Create and update documentation that supports the Technical Assistant processes
- Establish close partnership with Animation and Layout crew and other TD groups
What you bring:
- 1+ years’ experience on an animated/VFX feature, TV commercials or animated series, or equivalent education
- Experience supporting artists in a production environment
- Understanding of 3D animation pipelines and applicable tools
- Experience using software packages applicable to Maya (preferred)
- Programming experience in Python is a bonus
- Knowledge of USD is a bonus
- Ability to quickly acquire a working understanding of off the shelf and proprietary software tools
- Pro-active problem-solving skills
- An adaptable approach with the ability to balance your workload and the needs of artists, and production deadlines
- The ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas, and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in both a technical and artistic manner
- Willing to learn and contribute to the success of the team and project
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio!
- A central location in sunny Sydney, minutes from the CBD and famous Bondi Beach
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Exposure to working within a USD pipeline
- A dedicated Learning and Development and Artist Management team focused on your personal career growth
- Flexible work arrangements, with a one day per week work from home option
- A generous leave policy including paid annual leave, sick days, as well as ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including superannuation, employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you. Submit your application to the link below!