We are currently looking for Senior Character FX Technical Directors/ Artists. Members of the CharFX team are responsible for the generation of shot-based hair, feathers and cloth with Houdini.
The following is required of all candidates:
· 8 + years production experience in television commercials, film or animated features
· A good understanding of Houdini and have ideally specialised in the following sub disciplines
o Cloth solvers (houdini's own solver or Carbon cloth plugin) + Sop solvers
o Wire solvers (DOP and SOP workflows)
o Vex/python code
o Skin deformation techniques
o Creation of Digital assets for other artists
· Senior candidates possessing the ability to create their own setups for simulation and deformation
· Excellent attention to detail
· Ability to work to deadlines
· Ability to work within a strong team environment
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
The following will be highly regarded, and ideally demonstrated in your reel
· Houdini shot production
· Cloth Simulation
· Hair and or feather Simulation
· Tool Creation, modification of Digital Assets
· Previous experience in character finaling, character FX or FX work in film, animated features, or TVC
A technical education or background will also be considered favourably. Experienced candidates may also poses skills in VEX, Python (with C or C++ a bonus).