Animal Logic


What else might I need to obtain an Australian work visa/permit?

Work visa applications generally process more quickly when you have all the necessary documentation (for yourself and your family) ready at the time you submit. Not all items below will be required for your Visa type, however these usually take a litter longer to organise.

English Language Proficiency

A widely available test to show your level of English language proficiency is the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – General Training Exam.

What other English tests are accepted by the department?

Please refer to the specific Visa type on the Australian Government, Department of Immigration and Border Protection Website for other acceptable English tests.

NOTE: Passport holders from selected countries, (Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States of America) or those who have completed at least five years of full-time study in a secondary or higher education institution where instruction was conducted in English will be exempt from this requirement.

Skills, Qualifications and Experience

You must provide evidence that you have the necessary skills and experience to perform the nominated occupation.

We will require documents such as:

o   Employment reference letters (on company letterhead – ask your HR department!)

o   Your up-to-date resume

o   Educational degrees/certificates


Character requirements/ Police Check

A police check may be requested if you are 16+ years of age and you have spent a total of 12 months or more in any country (including your home country).

The link below provides information on Australian Immigration service centres by country. Scroll to the bottom of a country page for information on how and where to apply for Police Checks.

NOTE: If you already have a clearance, please check the date as Immigration only deems the certificate to be valid for 12 months.

Health Requirement

The link below provides some guidelines around what (if any) health examinations are required for your temporary visa and links you to further information about the process of obtaining them.