The L&D Supervisor is a hands-on role balancing both the long-term plans and day to day operational aspects of the L&D department in Sydney, encouraging a culture that supports continuous learning in Sydney and across the organisation. This is a position that could suit someone with a background in the industry, from an artistic, technical or managerial area who has limited training experience yet has a passion for learning.
What you’ll get to do:
- Drive our efforts to build and maintain a learning culture
- Partner with the L&D team and Head of Human Resources on a cohesive Company-wide learning plan, as well as a Sydney-based learning plan for implementation
- Work with Artist Managers, Managers, craft Supervisors/Leads to develop and support the roll out of craft-based learning solutions for immediate show-based needs and longer-term craft skill development
- Partner with leaders and employees on broad people development initiatives
- Create, design and facilitate learning sessions for employees
- Manage, continuously improve and facilitate the Sydney orientation program and collaborate with departments on department-based orientation programs for new employees
- Drive L&D related initiatives such as, show-based learning, internship/work experience programs, employee wellness and creative programs, WHS training requirements etc
- Build and maintain relationships with external providers such as educational institutions, government bodies and other relevant organisations to foster greater industry and Animal Logic awareness; as well as manage outreach programs to support future talent
- Drive the operational aspects of the Sydney L&D function, including Sydney L&D team members
What you bring:
- Keen interest in the development of employees both in their technical skill and professional development
- Proven experience in coaching and mentorship in a leadership or senior position
- Deep understanding of VFX/Animation workflows, business units and crafts, along with the ability to identify opportunities for learning and development
- Ability to present information in an engaging, clear and informative manner
- Keen collaboration, with a global mindset, to partner with other members of the L&D team to drive long term strategy/plans for the department
- Natural relationship building skills that can motivate and inspire employees and leaders
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills to ensure the most effective use of L&D resources
- Self-motivation, inspiration and drive
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of MacOS, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects, Autodesk Maya is desirable
- VFX, Animation or Games industry experience
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing, independently owned and operated, award-winning studio based in sunny Sydney!
- A chance to contribute to the success of ground-breaking animated feature films
- Flexible work arrangements, with work from home options
- Paid ‘Volunteer’ days to support those causes close to your heart!
- A world-renowned working environment packed with social clubs, activities and events
- A variety of employee benefits including employee discounts, breakfast, free use of barista coffee machines and snacks galore!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to hear from you. Submit your application to the link below!