Start Dates: July – November 2021
Please note that while it is possible for us to hire international candidates, this may take 3-4 months so please do apply ahead of time.
Directed by Ron Howard, and based on the children’s book of the same name, “The Shrinking of the Treehorns” is a feature animation production with Paramount Animation, Imagine Entertainment and Animal Logic Entertainment.
We are looking for Riggers at all levels to join us in Sydney on this brand-new animated feature film!
The Rigging team will work closely with a variety of departments, to develop, implement, and maintain character and prop assets for use in both Layout and Animation.
What you’ll get to do:
Develop and maintain procedural rig components using a custom Python Rigging API.
- Following a brief to produce complex production ready rigs of a high standard
- Working with the Modelling Department to ensure that models are suitable for rigging and performance requirements
- Working with Animators to develop and prototype rigs for a broad range of creative and technical requirements
- Supporting rigs as they move through the animation pipeline and developing supplementary Animation tools and processes
- A good artistic eye, and the necessary software dexterity to produce, or correct shapes and models when it might tighten the feedback loop with another department
What you bring:
- Proven experience working on characters for feature film quality productions
- Ability to troubleshoot and manage communication during the support phase of published rigs, as they move through shots and departments
- Able and comfortable working to specs as precisely or as creatively as a brief outline
- Eagerness to learn and share with your peers, in a development and learning oriented professional environment
- Proficiency in Python and the ability to navigate a large managed code base, or willingness to learn in a fast-paced technical environment
- Proficiency with a recent version of Maya, and a strongly node-oriented approach to problems
The following will be highly regarded, but not required:
- Foundational knowledge of trigonometry and linear algebra
- Experience with character related simulation (soft tissues and localized secondary)
- Experience with cloth simulation